5. Mango Habanero Barbecue Sauce
Mango and habanero is a pretty hot combination, so this is a recipe you’ll need to try.
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped peeled fresh mango
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped habaneros chiles
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a pot and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for an extra 30 seconds.
- Add the mangoes, mango juice, tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey, vinegar, molasses, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, habaneros, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree the sauce until smooth.