I was only going to post the Apple Crisp today, but last night’s dinner was so delicious that I had to post it, too. Apple crisp comes in many forms. This one has a secret ingredient: butterscotch pudding. It goes together in minutes and is truly one of the best crisps I have every had. My friend, Leslie, gave me the recipe years ago. It’s been a standby on my menus ever since. Oddly enough, I have never tried to change out the fruits. I am thinking you could easily substitute peaches or pears for the apples, but with the butterscotch flavor, berries might not work.
1. Info for Apple Crisp
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Apple Crisp
- 6 medium apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small package cook & serve butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Peel and coarsely slice apples and place in a square baking dish.
- Cut butter into flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, pudding and oats with pastry blender or fork.
- Pour over apples covering completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are done.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.