Here’s another all-natural recipe that Maman et bébé can both share, because I would never feed my child food I wouldn’t eat myself. This blueberry breakfast oat shake is super healthy and contains no artificial flavorings. It’s probably one of the healthiest meals I serve her, but it’s still very tasty. You’ll see in my notes that milk can be omitted or you could substitute infant formula for your little one’s version. For added protein, I included mung beans and steel-cut oats, which also improve the consistency of the blueberry shake. Make sure you use room-temperature fruit for optimum flavor and natural sweetness.
I love my little baby Aria so much and I think she enjoys eating the same things as me. In fact, she won’t touch a spoonful until she sees me taking a bite! So as I always tell her when we start a meal: "une bouchée pour Maman (one mouthful for Mommy) et une pour bébé (and one for baby).". Motherhood is so much fun!
1. Info for Blueberry Protein Shake Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 1
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Blueberry Protein Shake Recipe
- 1½ teaspoons mung beans (or any lentils)
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons steel-cut oats
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries, to taste
- Wash and rinse the mung beans thoroughly in several water baths (about three times). Discard any floating or odd-shaped lentils. Drain the lentils, removing as much of water as possible. No soaking time is needed.
- In a small saucepan, place the mung beans and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a bubbly simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes; stir occasionally until the mung beans are softened. Let cool. Drain and discard the liquid. Return the mung beans to the saucepan.
- Dissolve the powdered milk in ½ cup water.
- In the same saucepan, add the oats to the mung beans. Cover with milk. Give it a swirl and bring to a boil, then immediately lower the heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minute. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a mini-blender (or a regular blender if you don’t have a mini), combine the blueberries and oatmeal mixture. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a few fresh blueberries.
- Bon appétit!