Sablés are probably one of my favorite cookies. These crumbly cookies hail from France’s Normandy region. They’re sometimes served with fruit preserves or covered with chocolate, so I thought I’d combine the two and create this unique version with coarsely chopped Belgian chocolate and fresh blueberries.
The crisp, tender, crumbly and lightly sweetened cookies were so delicious the entire family wondered why I didn’t bake more. So to fill this temporary void in our lives, I baked a second batch! Mission accomplished.
1. Info for Chocolate Blueberry Sable Cookie Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 24
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Blueberry Sable Cookie Recipe
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla sugar
- 8 tablespoons diced unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 24 fresh blueberries
- 5 ounces milk chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 baking pans with with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with granulated sugar. Add the vanilla, stir well, then add the dry ingredients and softened butter. Mix until the cookie dough is formed. Add the brown sugar and coarsely chopped milk chocolate. Mix until they’re well distributed. Do not over-mix. Store in the refrigerator until ready to bake or you could make them right away.
- Roll out the dough (about ½." thick) and form 23 cookies using a round cookie cutter and form a last 24th cookie using the scraps of dough. Place them onto the baking sheets. Make sure to space the cookies at least 1½ inches apart so that they don’t touch each other as they bake. Gently press the center of each cookie with a fresh blueberry.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes at 375°F. Rotate the baking sheets. Lower the temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with a nice cup of hot tea.
- Bon appétit!