S’mores Oatmeal Cookies are filled with chocolate and little marshmallow bits for a special treat.
We love oatmeal cookies in our house. Some of the family likes them with raisins and cinnamon, others enjoy them with butterscotch, but everyone agrees that chocolate is by far their favorite addition. Adding marshmallow bits made them just that much better and turned them into S’mores Oatmeal Cookies!
Who can resist chocolate and marshmallows in a hearty little cookie? Well, no one in my family apparently, and for that matter, no one else that ate them, including about 10 other teenaged boys. These cookies were so good that I actually had to hide them in my room so that we could have enough for two days’ worth of dessert. Seriously, someone save me from my teenaged sons’ voracious appetites! Those fiendishly hungry boys can finish a family sized bag of chips in one sitting! That means that a simply batch of cookies has no hope of lasting unless I step in with my wicked mommy ways and hide them.
1. Info for S’mores Oatmeal Cookies
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 312kcal
2. Ingredients for S’mores Oatmeal Cookies
- 1½ cups butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 6 cups quick or regular oatmeal
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup marshmallow bits
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs, water, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the ground nuts, marshmallow bits and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.