It’s Improv Challenge time once again. This month, the theme is Lime and White Chocolate. With Christmas just a week away, I am betting a lot of the recipes are going to be sweet treats and I cannot wait to see them!
I went through a lot of ideas before I settled on these cookies. I thought about a cheesecake, some fudge and even chocolate dipped shortbread. In the end, I found this recipe almost by accident. I was thumbing through a cookbook put together by my mother-in-law’s church congregation, looking to see if her fudge recipe was in it and ran across limeade cookies. I had been thinking lime juice, but at that moment, a lightbulb went off and I headed to my car to go buy some limeade.These were some good cookies. The only complaint came from my husband. He told me I should NOT have colored the glaze green. He may have said something about nasal excretions. It wasn’t complimentary. I gave the rest of the cookies to my sons.
1. Info for White Chocolate Limeade Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for White Chocolate Limeade Cookies
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp thawed limeade concentrate
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Glaze: 1⅔ cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp thawed limeade
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add egg and limeade.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls two inches apart on a greased or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake 9-12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cool completely.
- Mix glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Top each cookie with glaze.