This is the most amazing recipe. I say that not because there is something special about the ingredients or the taste, no, I say it because it is so huge. In fact, I have halved the original recipe. Perhaps these were called Monster Cookies because it’s a monster, humongous batch. As it is, be prepared to have cookies cooling on every surface of your kitchen if you make these.
There is no flour in the recipe. If you use gluten free oatmeal and vanilla, you have a great gluten free cookie. Twelve dozen great gf cookies (and remember that’s half of the original recipe). You can play around with down sizing the recipe even more. It is most likely possible. You could also make the cookies bigger, though be sure to adjust the baking time and watch them carefully. Freeze or giveaway the extra.
1. Info for Monster Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 144
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Monster Cookies
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 24 oz peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 9 cups rolled oats (quick or regular)
- 1⅓ cups chocolate chips
- 8 oz M&M; candies
- If you have a large capacity stand mixer, cream the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the peanut butter and mix. (If you don’t have a large capacity stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar in a very large mixing bowl. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla.)
- Transfer to a very large bowl and stir in the oatmeal and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased or silpat lined cookie sheet and flatten.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees, watching that they do not get too brown.
- If you have a convection oven, bake multiple sheets at a time.
- Cool on a wire rack, stacking them as they get cold to make more room.