I’m back in Austin after a wonderful whirlwind of a weekend in Omaha and Des Moines. I had such an amazing time and the event was a total success! I received so many wonderful comments and messages the next day from people saying they came away from the event feeling inspired and motivated to make changes in their own lives! One lovely lady drove all the way from Minnesota just for the event! She said she recently started incorporating my green smoothies into her routine and has already lost 15lbs!! I am so flattered that you drove all that way, Denise and am so excited to hear more about your progress!!
Today I was ready for a little detox and so I made a variation of my favorite Lemon Ginger Detox Tea. The ingredients pack a powerful punch and act as an anti-inflammatory, anti-infective, antioxidant, lymph system cleanser and more.
1. Info for Ginger Turmeric Detox Tea Recipe
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Ginger Turmeric Detox Tea Recipe
- 2 inch knob of ginger
- 2-3 inch piece of turmeric root or substitute 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 dashes of cayenne (or you could juice ½ a habanero or jalapeño pepper)
- 4 lemons (3 for juicing and 1 for slicing as a garnish)
- 3 droppers vanilla stevia
- 2 quarts water
- In a juicer, juice your ginger root, turmeric, and 3 lemons. I recommend using Breville brand juicers. I love Breville because they are easy to use, easy to clean, and great quality!
- In a large pitcher add your juice to about 2 quarts of water, a couple droppers of vanilla stevia to taste, a couple dashes of cayenne and your thinly cut lemon slices. Mix well with a wooden spoon and adjust flavors to taste. Let sit for about 10 mins before serving to let the flavors blend. Will last about 5 days in the fridge.
- You can enjoy at room temperature or over ice. This tea is sweet, tangy and very spicy! Be ready, it’s got some serious kick!! But it always helps me “get back to normal” after travelling. I tend to get puffy and retain water when I travel and this tea helps flush out my lymphatic system and reduce swelling. I absolutely love it and I hope you do too!