Little toddler Aria is truly my greatest joy. She has inspired me in all aspects of my life and I take great pride in the efforts I put into helping care for and educate her. We cook almost daily together or if not, I at least get her to watch and participate in the preparation of the dinner. She’s innately curious about everything around her and wants to better understand, feel, touch everything. Today, Aria helped me prepare the green lentil filling I used to stuff chicken thighs.
The lentil filling was flavored with shallots, garlic, thyme and day-old brioche. Aria cracked an egg on top so the mixture had a binder and she absolutely loved mixing and getting her hands dirty. This recipe is a healthy approach because it’s packed with fiber, iron and protein. I stuffed it into boned chicken thighs then roasted the chicken until the skin was crisp and golden. The best part was watching Aria enjoying the result that came from her hard work.
1. Info for Green Lentil Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Green Lentil Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1-½ pounds), boneless and skinless
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup French green lentils (see tips), cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, freshly minced
- 1 sprig thyme, bruised and chopped
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon red chili pepper
- ¼ day-old brioche (or bread)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly crushed
- ½ cup your favorite vinaigrette, extra after the chicken is cooked
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick 9-inch pan, add the chopped shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes until shiny and slightly golden. Transfer to a bowl, leaving as much oil as possible in the pan.