A common theme with my clients over the last few weeks has been how to stay on top of meal prep. There are always two things that come to mind when I get asked this question:
- Over prepare – double or even triple your recipes. It’s very hard to stay on top of healthy eating if you are required to cook meals from scratch every day. There are some days that you might feel excited to make a new recipe, but there typically tend to be more days where you are exhausted from a long day of work and just don’t feel like making anything. I always make extras so that I have plenty of leftovers for days like that. That way, I can just heat up leftovers and relax.
- “Put Together Meals” – I make meals like this all the time. For example, I’ll stop at Whole Foods and pick up a rotisserie chicken and a head of broccoli or a bag of frozen broccoli. Then I’ll come home and quickly steam the broccoli and serve with the pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and maybe a little of my favorite BBQ sauce. It’s my version of “fast food” or take out. It requires the same amount of energy but is so much healthier!!
I’m always looking for things that can save me time. This Easy Paleo Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs recipe is a great time saver and so easy to make.
Instead of making actual meatballs, I just used spicy italian turkey sausage (not the prepackaged kind but the ones that are made fresh from the deli without any preservatives!) at my local health food store. So basically all I had to do was bake the spaghetti squash and sausage then put it all together with the marinara. So easy. I think this would be a great recipe for all the moms out there as it’s sure to be a family favorite with the kids and meat love husbands alike! I love using spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta, it has so many amazing health benefits!
I love meals like this Easy Paleo Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs because:
- you can make extras to last all week
- all you have to do is put the ingredients together, no complicated steps or cooking techniques!
- It’s also gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free
1. Info for Easy Paleo Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Easy Paleo Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 4 spicy italian style organic chicken or turkey sausages
- 1 large bottle of marinara sauce – I love this brand
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side down and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a second baking dish lined with foil place your 4 sausages and cook at the same time as your squash, for about 15-20mins. Then remove and cut into disks.
- Next, remove squash from the oven. Use a fork to scrape out the inside of each half of spaghetti squash, which will come apart in strands.
- Place each half in an individual bowl, top with marinara, and sausage. I used 1 sausage per half a squash. You can garnish each dish with some finely cut basil or parsley. I actually used kale since I didn’t have either on hand!