I’ve known about cauliflower mashed potatoes for a very long time but I’ve never gotten around to making them until now. Holy shiz, I’m glad I did because they are AMAZING!! I served them up for my boyfriend who is a pizza, hamburger, meat & potatoes kind of guy and he loved them! He said that if I hadn’t told him, he would have had no idea they we made from cauliflower!! Mothers of picky eaters take note, this recipe is the holy grail for disguising vegetables.
The other thing I love about this recipe is that it is SO fast and easy to make. Much faster than traditional mashed potatoes. It’s also great for those of you who are staying away from starches and carbs.
1. Info for Healthy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Healthy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 small pat of organic butter
- 4oz chevre style goat cheese
- sea salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan with lid, steam chopped cauliflower until soft.
- Steaming Veggies My Way: I’m all about speed and ease so this is my shortcut to steaming veggies. Fill a pot or saucepan with water about 1 inch deep. Add ½tsp sea salt and bring to a boil. Add chopped vegetables and cook until soft, about 3-6 mins depending on the vegetable. Drain the excess water and you’re done!
- In your saucepan add steamed cauliflower, almond milk, chevre style goat cheese, and butter. I used a stick blender to process the ingredients until smooth but you could also use a food processor or potato masher. Add sea salt if needed to taste.
- I garnished mine with fresh cracked pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh parsley. Mmmmmm, so delish! PLEASE don’t wait as long as I did to try this recipe. It is so fast and easy to make and more delicious then you could imagine!