This recipe is AMAZING. Really, really amazing. It won’t go to your hips, cause inflammation (as gluten usually does), or weigh you down! This is one of my new favorite meals.
It tastes just like regular pizza! I made it with a friend who regularly orders from Domino’s so I know if he likes it, you will too!!
I’ve adapted this from Megan’s recent version and I will definitely be making it again soon! I think this is the perfect Superbowl recipe. Instead of ordering greasy, processed delivery pizza, how about trying this healthier, gluten free version instead?!
1. Info for Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 very large head of cauliflower (about 4 cups total after steaming and processing)
- 4oz Garlic & Herb chèvre (soft) style goat cheese
- 1 egg
- marinara sauce of choice (I try to use brands with as few ingredients as possible)
- 6-8oz shredded goat mozzarella
- several basil leaves sliced thin (chiffonade style)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roughly chop cauliflower and process in a food processor. Mix until a fine “rice” like consistency is achieved.
- Add cauliflower to boiling water to steam for about 6-7mins. Strain in a fine mesh strainer. Then place in the middle of a clean large dish towel and let cool.
- Next, pull the sides of the dish towel together and twist to squeeze the remaining moisture out.
- In a large mixing bowl use a spatula (or your hands!) to mix the strained cauliflower, egg and goat cheese. You can also add fresh herbs if you like, I added basil and oregano.
- Combine ingredients well and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Megan stressed how important it is to use parchment paper but unfortunately, I was out. Greasing the pan worked but I will definitely use parchment paper next time. I think it probably just makes the whole process much easier and produces a firmer consistency.
- Use your hands to form a thin, even layer. I kept the sides raised a little higher as a “crust”.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 35-40mins. Once the crust is done, add your marinara and shredded goat cheese. Broil for just a few mins until cheese is melted. Remove pizza from the oven and sprinkle chopped basil on top.
- Slice and serve! If you have a cooling rack, it may help retain the firmness of the crust so you can eat it easily by hand.