It’s officially soup season! A huge cold front has hit most of the US and when temps get this low, all I want is something warm! I’ve been very busy with clients and had a fridge heaping with veggies that needed to be used before they went bad. I was very pleasantly surprised with how AMAZING this soup turned out. I honestly wasn’t expecting it to be anything special but somehow the ingredients all go together perfectly! The best part is that it just takes a little prep time to make enough to last the rest of the week! This soup is full of flavor but still low fat, low carb, dairy free, vegetarian, vegan, AND paleo so this soup is perfect for just about anyone no matter what their dietary restrictions are!
1. Info for Clean and Spicy Vegetable Soup
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Servings: 7
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Clean and Spicy Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped into small pieces
- 6 small potatoes – I used half red potatoes and half yukon gold, diced
- 1 head of kale, chopped fine
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 15 ounce can of organic diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs Adobo seasoning
- several dashes of hot sauce to taste – I use Crystals!
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a crockpot or large dutch oven over med-high heat place all your ingredients and enough water to fill to the top of your pot. Cover and let cook on med for about 60 mins, adjusting salt & pepper as needed.