This belly buster green juice is a powerful one! I know everyone is ready to rock their New Year’s resolutions so I thought I would share one of my favorite juice recipes for busting belly fat and jump-starting your metabolism!
This belly buster juice is loaded with citrus fruits, including their skins. Normally, I peel my citrus before juicing because the essential oils in the skin can make the juice bitter. In this case, we’re going to keep the skin due to the high amounts of hesperidin and diosmin. Hesperidin and diosmin are bioflavinoids found in citrus fruits like lemons and oranges. These bioflavinoids support:
- healthy cholesterol levels
- active metabolic function
- healthy veins (great for bulging veins and varicose veins!!)
- immune system function
- fat metabolism
While these bioflavinoids may taste slightly bitter, the benefits are well worth it! I created this combination specifically with health benefits and taste in mind so it’s actually still quite tasty! In all honesty, I think most of us can endure a little bitterness in exchange for a flat belly and amazing health benefits, am I right?!
I recommend having this juice daily as your breakfast meal. Substituting juice for breakfast is a great way to reduce your food intake while still getting ample vitamins and minerals. Most people find that they don’t even miss having solid food for breakfast because juicing makes them feel so satisfied due to the high content of nutrients. Personally, I always feel a nice little ZING from juicing that energizes me in such a clean and lovely way. Try it and see how you feel! If you’re not ready to substitute juice as a meal, you can have it as a snack in between meals. You will still get great benefits from doing so!
1. Info for Juicing Detox: Belly Buster Green Juice Recipe
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 149kcal
2. Ingredients for Juicing Detox: Belly Buster Green Juice Recipe
- 3 medium apples (I used fuji)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large lemon, including skin
- 1 lime, including skin
- 3 small mandarins, including skin
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- First wash the skin of your fruits and veggies. Because we are using the skin, try to get all organic if you can.
- Then simply run all ingredients through a juicer (I recommend Breville) and feel the ZING!! (Makes 32oz)