We’re hosting a casual gathering with family friends today. I think cupcakes are the best ending to such an evening. I prepared butter-y mini-cupcakes made with a very light lemon-flavored genoise cake batter. To reinforce the flavor, I topped the cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting.
I love serving and eating cupcakes. You can make them for any occasion and they’re an informal way to end a meal or to enjoy just as a snack.
1. Info for Lemon Mini Cupcake Recipe
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 28
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Lemon Mini Cupcake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, + extra for greasing the pan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 1 scant teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pink-colored sprinkle sugar
- Preheat the oven to 410°F.
- Note: Before starting the batter, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with ½ cup sugar until they’re pale yellow and foamy. Add the honey, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, add them to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Cream the butter with the remaining sugar and add to the egg mixture.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of genoise dough into each of the spaces of two 18-cavity mini-muffin pans.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 410°F, then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and lemon in a bowl. Use an electric mixer and beat until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Top the cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with the pink sugar.