A long time ago, I had a friend bring me a plate of these cookies (or some that were pretty dang close), thus introducing me to anything pumpkin besides pie or bread. I just about licked every cookie on the plate to claim them as mine (my sons do that to each other…any of you moms of boys experience that?). I just adored the cookies. So, I went on a search to find a recipe that caused that same level of selfishness to appear in my normally sharing nature.
These did it.
1. Info for Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Cookies with Browned Butter Frosting
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 11/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter (must be butter)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire wracks.
- Meanwhile, brown butter in a skillet.
- Combine with powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Spoon over cooled cookies.
4. Tips and advices:
- If you put waxed paper under the cookie wracks, you can scoop up the stuff that falls and use it again or sneak a taste!