It’s September and I have bought my first bags of apples of the year! I love fall. Granted autumn in Florida is almost laughable, but we will get relief from the heat and humidity soon. I mean it’s just around the corner, sort of. By October, we will be enjoying 85 degree weather instead of 95. I t boils down to, my having to go by the calendar and not the weather forecast to plan my autumn meals.
Last weekend, I asked my husband what kind of pancake I should make. His immediate response was Caramel Apple. It’s funny, because he doesn’t eat warm fruit and he didn’t eat these pancakes. He just thought the idea sounded fun. My kids agreed. Those that ate them thought they were stellar.
1. Info for Caramel Apple Pancakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Caramel Apple Pancakes
- 2 cups complete pancake mix (the kind that just needs water)
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- ⅓ cup Kraft caramel bits
- Combine pancake mix and cinnamon.
- Stir in enough water to create desired pancake consistency.
- Fold in apple and caramel bits.
- Heat a greased griddle or skillet over medium or medium low.
- Cook as you would normal pancakes, but watch that the caramel bits do not melt onto your pan and burn.
4. Tips and advices:
- To make these gluten free, substitute a gluten free pancake mix and make according to package directions (adding egg and oil as needed).