The good folks at Kelapo Coconut Oil offered an opportunity to review some of their wonderful product. I love Virgin Coconut Oil. It smells so good and has such a nice flavor. I have used the processed stuff made by other companies and frankly, if I am going to use coconut oil, I want the flavor and aroma to go with it. They also included two capsules of their oil. I broke them open and used them as a lip balm for a week. What a great way to soften chapped lips!! You can find all sorts of recipes on their blog.
I, however, went with a recipe of my own. I decided to make a refreshing cold dessert with the oil. Coconut just screams for chocolate, so the idea for a mounds candy bar like dish was the direction I took. This dessert has a fudgy brownie layer on the bottom and a cream cheese/whipped cream combo for the top. Add a little chocolate syrup and toasted coconut and Voila! An amazing dessert was born.
Of course, it didn’t cut as pretty as I’d have liked.
1. Info for Chocolate Coconut Torte and Kelapo Coconut Oil Review
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chocolate Coconut Torte and Kelapo Coconut Oil Review
- brownie layer:
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cream cheese layer:
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- 1 8 ounce tub whipped topping
- chocolate syrup (for garnish)
- toasted coconut (for garnish)
- In a bowl, stir the cocoa and coconut oil together.
- Add the sugar and stir, add the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer.
- Add the extract and whipped topping and mix well.
- Spread over brownie layer and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- When serving, remove the outer rim of the spring form.
- Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with coconut.
- (For a prettier presentation, cut first, then drizzle each piece individually).