The recipe I am sharing with you today was given to me by a friend when we lived in the Seattle area. Susan and her husband were in a dinner group with us and we also shared a love of music, but what made her so special to me was her love for my young boys. She brought them these cookies whenever she visited and once even came over to my house with all of the ingredients and spent an afternoon baking with them. Those are priceless memories which make these cookies all the more tasty.
They are a little weird looking because after I scooped out the last pan, I scraped up a little more from the bowl and dolloped it on top of all of them. That little dollop didn’t melt into the main cookie, but remained on top in a little circle!
1. Info for Christmas Spice Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Christmas Spice Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Extra sugar
- Combine the oil, sugar, molasses and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a smaller bowl and add to the sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into small balls, roll in the extra sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until top starts to crinkle.
- Cool on a wire rack