This sounded like a really different kind of cinnamon roll. First of all, the roll is a baking powder biscuit. Next, the innards have a honey base. Back during the days of rationing, this recipe would have been very handy.
When my yeast-bread loving family tasted these, some of them didn’t like the biscuit change. Others wished there was more goopy sweet sauce in them. Overall, however, most of them liked them. I think I would have drizzled some of the inner honey sauce over the baked rolls, adding a little more honey taste to them.
1. Info for Cinnamon Sticky Buns
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cinnamon Sticky Buns
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- ⅛ tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- Add milk slowly and form soft dough.
- On floured surface, pat dough out to flat rectangle ½ inch thick.
- Combine sugar, honey, cinnamon, melted butter and salt in a small bowl.
- Spread honey mixture over dough all the way to the edges.
- Roll up jelly roll style.
- Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Arrange slices in greased shallow pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees or done.