I have unleashed an inner baker that I didn’t know existed. Today, I whipped up some of this amazing Cinnamon Swirl Bread for tomorrow’s breakfast. I have been afraid of yeast for so long. Now that I am gaining confidence in using it, there is no telling what I might make next!
1. Info for Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages yeast (or 4½ tsp)
- 1 can evaporated milk (15 oz?)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cups flour
- milk or water
- 1½ Tbsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl (or your mixer’s bowl) dissolve yeast in water.
- Heat milk in microwave until bubbly, add sugar, salt, butter (it will melt in the milk), let cool to room temperature, add eggs and then pour entire thing into yeast.
- Add flour and mix until forms a stiff dough.
- Cover and let rise until doubled (1 hour).
- Punch down, roll out on floured surface to form a large rectangle ½ inch thick.
- Moisten with about 1 Tbsp milk or water (use a pastry brush or your clean hand).
- Mix remaining ½ cup sugar and cinnamon and liberally spread all over dough.
- Roll up tightly, like cinnamon rolls.
- Cut into 3 smaller or 2 larger loaves.
- Pinch the ends to seal.
- Place in greased loaf pans, cover and let rise another hour.
- Bake 350 degrees 45 minutes or until done (might be less time depending on your oven).
- Knock on it, and if it sounds hollow, it’s done.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter to keep the top crust soft.
- Remove from pan to wire rack as soon as it is cool enough not to burn your hand.