For coconut lovers I offer coconut cream, suitable for interlayer cakes. It is very tasty and unusual, it looks like a bounty.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Energy: 126 calories per serving
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat, chilled
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Refrigerate can (turn upside down to bring liquid to top & cream to bottom) for 30-60 min.
- Open and pour out liquid. Store covered in fridge for another use.
- Use a spatula to remove remaining thick coconut cream into a mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla & salt and whip with hand blender w/ electric whisk attachment OR use regular whisk, hand mixer or standing mixer.
- Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- **The longer it cools, the firmer it gets, so, be sure to whisk again before serving to regain fluffy, light texture.
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream.