Chocolate strawberries… the name of this dessert makes you sigh in anticipation. The combination of bitter and sweet chocolate, the delicious aroma and the seductive taste of strawberries create a harmonious and perfectly balanced tandem that is simply impossible to resist!
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces of your favorite chocolate, chopped (I used 1/2 semisweet and 1/2 milk chocolate)
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels; set aside.
- Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, checking and stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Carefully dip each strawberry in the melted chocolate, making sure to leave some on the strawberry exposed. Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Arrange on a decorative try and serve chilled.
- Last, but not least, grab your favorite bottle of red, throw on some John Legend, and scatter low-slung votive candles all around the table for a romantic dinner for two. Bon Apetit!