I made this for my kids’ breakfast this morning and received all sorts of oohs and aahs. I was a bit skeptical about the recipe at first, simply because every coffee cake I have ever made had cinnamon in it and this one doesn’t. However, the teaser above the recipe said it was reminiscent of old fashioned cake donuts and who can resist that?! I am glad that I went ahead and made it, because it is now on the list of “approved” breakfasts. Best of all, it doesn’t have anything unusual or expensive in it.
1. Info for Coffee Cake That Tastes Like Donuts???
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Coffee Cake That Tastes Like Donuts???
- 1¼ cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (aka milk with a splash of lemon juice!)
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Combine egg and buttermilk and add.
- Combine dry ingredients and then add.
- Spread into a greased 9X9 pan and then cover with remaining ¼ cup sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until done.