When all else fails, name your creation after what’s in it, right? I had some leftover Spinach and Artichoke Dip. It was great stuff, but too much for us to eat plain. I immediately started thinking in my mind about what would go with it, so I could turn it into a main dish. Chicken! It goes with everything :-). Here is what I came up with…the kids all cleaned their plates:
1. Info for Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Artichokes
- 3 chicken breast halves with bones and skin (you can use boneless)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta.
- Boil chicken in 2 quarts of water with salt and pepper for an hour (put broth into freezer for future soup)
- Take meat off bones when cooled.
- In a large frying pan, saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is clear.
- Add chicken, milk, and dip.
- Stir over low heat until everything is mixed and dip melts.
- Combine with noodles.
- Put pasta mixture into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Cover with mozzarella and then foil and bake 350 for 30 minutes.
4. Tips and advices:
- If you don’t have to have any dip, you can substitute a 10 oz brick of chopped spinach and a 14 oz can of artichokes and ½ cup sour cream.
- For a gluten free version, simply substitute gf pasta.