In the neighborhood that I just left, there was an older woman renowned for her pies. Everyone raved over them. She kindly shared this recipe with me before I moved.
1. Info for Donna’s Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Donna’s Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Baked single crust (or store bought graham crust)
- 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- In her words: “The key to this pie is thoroughly mixing each item as it is added.
- Soften the butter and combine it with the sugar.
- Mix until the mixture is creamy and all the sugar is thoroughly blended with the butter.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix completely until the mixture becomes light in color.
- Add one egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add the other egg and mix until it becomes very thick and creamy.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the defrosted Cool Whip.
- Fill your pie crust and refrigerate immediately.”
4. Tips and advices:
- This is really good with toasted coconut or chocolate curls on top.