Spring is definitely in the air and with spring comes lots of lovely seasonal produce! Sweet corn, juicy tomatoes and bell peppers are some of my faves! I love to shop seasonally when I can. Food tastes so much better when your veggies are at their peak! This Vegan Burrito Bowl recipe was inspired by all the yummy seasonal produce I found this week at the grocery store. As you know, I love recipes that are easy, healthy, and delicious and this one is all three!
This Vegan Burrito Bowl makes a great lunch or dinner meal and is very hearty and filling! This makes a perfect picnic or potluck dish. It keeps very well in the fridge and will only get better as the days go on! It’s a great dish for entertaining because it fits most dietary restrictions. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, low in fat, high in protein from the beans and quinoa, and loaded with vegetable nutrition.
I hope you enjoy your Burrito Bowl as much as I did!! xo
1. Info for Easy Vegan Burrito Bowl
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 5
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Easy Vegan Burrito Bowl
- 2 cups white quinoa
- 3 Tbs whole golden flax seeds
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ears raw sweet corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno, diced very fine
- juice of 3-4 limes
- 1 large avocado, cut into slices or diced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa and a dash of sea salt and cook covered until all the moisture is absorbed, about 15mins. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- While your quinoa is cooking, dice your red onion and add to a large mixing bowl with lime juice and sea salt. Keep adding your veggies (tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, cilantro, and jalapeno to the bowl as you chop. Letting the veggies sit in the salt & lime juice allows them to marinate and absorb the flavor. Taste and adjust lime juice, salt, and pepper as needed according to taste. This combo is delicious on it’s own, on top of a salad, in a lettuce wrap, or as a lovely salsa!
- Next, uncover your quinoa and sprinkle whole flax seeds on top. Use a wooden spoon to fluff the quinoa and mix in your flax seeds. Then add black beans and the veggie mixture. Gently fold all ingredients together. Taste and adjust lime juice, salt, and pepper as needed according to taste.
- Serve in a large bowl with several slices of fresh avocado on top. Yumm!!