It’s a new week and my calendar is blessedly empty. I still have regular things like teaching piano lessons, volunteering at my daughter’s school and church activities, but there are no extra appointments, no company coming, nothing!! I feel so free! I am sure that by tomorrow the kids will mention a few extra things they need me to do, but for now, in this moment, I have an easy week ahead of me. So how do I celebrate? I make easy meals and easy desserts. These Fudgy Peanut Butter Bars qualify!My family really doesn’t like plain cake. However my husband saw a grocery ad for cheap cake mixes and asked me to pick up a few. He was the one, about a year ago, that told me not to buy any more. I have given up trying to predict what he will want to eat. So, while I did buy a couple of mixes, I have only made cake once and even then, it was in cupcake form. Instead, I have made “desserts” with those mixes. These particular bars, while gobbled up in no time, were deemed “very rich” by my husband and “like a bite of diabetes” by one of my son’s friends. Be warned, you may want to cut them into small servings.
1. Info for Fudgy Peanut Butter Bars
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Fudgy Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cup s semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a glass bowl, melt the ½ cup butter and peanut butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the cake mix and 2 eggs.
- Pat half of the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
- In another glass bowl, combine the 2 Tbsp butter and chocolate chips.
- Melt in the microwave for 1 minute, stir and if needed cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter dough.
- Gently put the remaining half of the dough on top of the chocolate.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and then cut into bars.