A friend gave me this recipe thirteen years ago. It quickly became one of my personal favorites. I am ashamed to admit that when my children were small, I didn’t always share with them. My husband often worked long hours and I often ate all the cookies. When it came to these particular cookies, I had absolutely no self control whatsoever. I blame it on the sweetened condensed milk.
Having a lot of teenagers in the house is a definite help in dieting. Now it’s their turn not to share. And I am okay with that. These cookies are still a favorite.
1. Info for German Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for German Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs (1 of those packages of crackers thrown in the food processor is usually the correct amount)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat condensed milk and butter until smooth.
- Mix all together, then add coconut, chips and walnuts.
- Slightly grease cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes until light brown.