This is one of my most popular gluten-free recipes. This hearty oatmeal bread is really tasty and makes great toast.
1. Info for Gluten Free Oatmeal Bread
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Gluten Free Oatmeal Bread
- 1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Combine oatmeal, boiling water and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Let sit 15 minutes.
- Add the egg, sugar and melted butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl and add to wet ingredients.
- Stir until well mixed and then pour dough into a well-oiled loaf pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with a few dry oats for garnish.
- Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- Check with toothpick before removing from oven.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes, then take out of pan and cool on wire rack.