I’ve had a busy couple of weeks with clients and upcoming projects and so fast easy meals have been a necessity! This one is super yummy and makes and great breakfast or lunch meal in just a few minutes!
People always tell me they have no time to make their own food, or recipes are too complicated…really?! Is that true?? The reality is that we’ve got to take responsibility for ourselves, our health and what we put into our bodies! I really do feel like that the majority of recipes I post are fast and very easy to make. I’m definitely not a chef but I make it work! I keep the promise to myself to eat whole foods and the rest will take care of itself!
I encourage you to get creative and keep your standards high! You CAN do this and you DO have time!!
Let me ask you, if you feel like you don’t have time to cook or go to the grocery store, do you feel like you have time to obsess with a negative body image? Do you have time for bad skin or low energy? When you are feeling down, try to think of the alternative. Yes, it might seem daunting to go to the grocery store at the end of a long day but what is worse? Having something processed and convenient that will only make you feel worse and push you further from your goals? These are the tough questions we have to ask ourselves every day. We have to be REAL with ourselves and sometimes that means doing things a different way.
A good analogy is your finances. It would be silly to complain about having no money when are going shopping and overspending all the time. The same holds true with our diet. We’ve got to be brutally honest about what we are doing in order to achieve our goals. If you need someone to honestly and lovingly keep you in check, let me know
So here is an example of a fast, easy recipe that is loaded with nutrition! It’s another version of my glorified avocado toasts. I love the addition of asparagus since it’s so great for weight loss, skin, and immune health. It’s something I always love to have on hand and you can steam it with a little sea salt in 3mins!
I had this for lunch yesterday and it took 10mins to make. It was absolutely delicious!! So satisfying, super healthy, and so good for you!
1. Info for Healthy Egg and Avocado Sandwich with Asparagus
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Servings: 2
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Healthy Egg and Avocado Sandwich with Asparagus
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread, toasted
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 1 avocado
- 10 stalks of asparagus
- cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- sprouts or micro greens as garnish
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Toast your bread. Spread each slice of toast with avocado.
- Then in a large saucepan add asparagus (I always cut 1 inch from the bottom to get rid of the tough roots) to ½ cup boiling water and sprinkle with sea salt. Cover and let steam for about 3 mins or until tender but not soft.
- Remove asparagus from pot and pat dry. Place on top of each of your avocado toasts.
- Then prepare 2 eggs. I made mine sunny side up but you can prepare them anyway you like: over easy, scrambled, hard boiled, etc. Place one on top of each of your toasts with avocado and asparagus. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Then garnish the entire dish with cherry tomatoes and sprouts or microgreens.
- You could also add baby greens like spinach, arugula, or kale as desired.