I found this salad recipe years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. It was called Merry Berry Salad and is perfectly colored for a Christmas dinner. However, I was thinking that if you threw a bag of fresh cranberries in the freezer right now, this would make a lovely addition to a Valentine’s dinner, too. After all, it is red. And it is kind of fancy…sort of…for a tossed salad. Let me just tell you the dressing is TO DIE FOR. Because the recipe always makes way more dressing than salad, and because I never remember to write that on the recipe, I am thinking of trying it as a marinade for some chicken.
1. Info for Holiday Green Salad
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Holiday Green Salad
- for the salad:
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, Romano or Asiago cheese
- for the dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Place all of the dressing ingredients except the oil in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Turn on the blender and open the hole in the lid.
- Slowly pour the oil into the blender in a thin stream until all of it is incorporated.
- Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve with the dressing on the side.