This is the halfway mark! Only 26 more to go and I will have fulfilled my new year’s resolution (it may be the only one I succeed in completing – I obviously need to make myself more accountable next year!). Anyway, back to the Make Your Own thing… do any of you remember Bill Cosby’s endorsement of Jell-O? Do you remember pudding pops? Through the mid 1980s, they were one of my favorite summer treats. Our freezer seemed to always have a box of them available on hot days.
They are super simple to make at home. Granted the ingredients aren’t exactly all homemade, it’s still an easy make at home treat. If you don’t have popsicle molds, simply use paper cups and your own wooden craft sticks.
1. Info for Homemade Pudding Pops
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 4 hrs 5 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 106kcal
2. Ingredients for Homemade Pudding Pops
- 1 small box instant pudding (any flavor, but combining butterscotch and chocolate it really tasty. Simply double all of the recipe)
- 1½ cups milk
- Combine all ingredients and pour into molds and freeze.
4. Tips and advices:
- If you want to make these sugar-free, substitute Splenda for the sugar and use sugar-free pudding mix. I made some for my diabetic father and he loved them.