This week I am starting off with a Chocolate Cheesecake. It is gluten free, refined sugar free and primal friendly. Don’t “boo” at me. I have lost 20 pounds since October and it’s this kind of food that is keeping me on track. Having four teenage sons helps, too. One cheesecake lasts one meal. I may have had two slices, but the eating machines saved me from any further loss of will power. They are good like that, so willing to sacrifice for their mom.
Cheesecake seems to be the easiest dessert to make low carb. The majority of the dessert is cream cheese which is already low carb. You simply need to reduce the sugar, using a natural one like maple syrup or coconut palm sugar or a low carb alternative like eryrhritol. I have a big bag of the latter sitting in my pantry, so you will see more desserts made with that in the future; just not in February. I promise this is the only slightly good for you dish you will see for a month!
1. Info for Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp erythritol
- 4 eggs
- 3 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add remaining crust ingredients.
- Stir and pat into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese and cocoa until completely blended.
- Add eggs, mixing until smooth.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pour filling onto crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until center is still giggly, but edges are set.
- Cool on counter 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.