I had not made manicotti before and I was pleasantly surprised how easy they were to make. I pictured myself slaving away stuffing pasta all day. As long as you don’t overcook your manicotti, you should be just fine. I tend to get really impatient with my food, so if I can do it, so can you!
There is no such thing as gluten free manicotti, or if there is, I cannot find it. So, in a pinch, I went with grand shells made by Tinkyada. I switched up the recipe a little by not precooking the shells. They were so much easier to stuff that way! I filled the empty 24 oz spaghetti sauce jar with water and poured it over everything and then baked it covered for 1 1/2 hours at 350. There were no leftovers. None at all.
1. Info for Meatless Manicotti or Shells
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Meatless Manicotti or Shells
- 1 12-16 oz pkg manicotti or giant shell pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 3 cups ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic and 1 cup mozzarella in a bowl.
- Stuff manicotti, using spoon or fingers.
- Pour ½ spaghetti sauce in bottom of 9 X 13 pan.
- Place stuffed manicotti on top.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top and top with as much of the rest of the mozzarella as you want.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is all melted.