I was raised on Miracle Whip and married a strictly mayonnaise man. Gradually, I stopped buying Miracle Whip and converted to mayo, but I didn’t really ever love it. Then, about seven years ago, I decided to try making homemade mayonnaise and I found my true sandwich spread. Admittedly, there have been times when I have reverted back to store bought, but in my opinion, homemade is best. It only takes about 5 minutes to make!!
There are a lot of different recipes out there. This is mine. Once, I rushed the recipe and didn’t drizzle the oil in slowly and the results were awful. Please take your time when making this!!
1. Info for Homemade Mayonnaise
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp dried mustard
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- In a blender or food processor, combine egg, salt, dried mustard, cayenne, sugar and ¼ cup canola oil.
- Blend it until it starts to look creamy.
- Open the top of the lid where you can pour things into the machine while it is still on and pour the olive oil into the egg mixture in a very thin stream.
- Blend about a minute.
- Add the lemon juice, and blend 30 seconds.
- Finally, add the other ½ cup of canola oil in the same manner as the olive oil, with the blender/processor on.
- Blend another minute or so until it is thick and creamy.