This was the first time in a long time that I took a REAL vacation as in, no emails, no phone, barley any internet. I was truly disconnected and it was really nice! I ate lots of great food (too much probably)!! So now it’s back to the real world and time to get on track again! I’ve been feeling a little puffy and “off” since I got back so decided this Metabolism Master juice recipe would be great to get my system revving again!
This juice is loaded with nutrients to support cellular detoxification and cleansing in the body:
- Lemon helps support the liver and kidneys and acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and diuretic.
- Carrots provide antioxidants and vitamin A which helps the liver to cleanse toxins out of the body. Carrots also support the skin and help to create that beautiful GLOW.
- Green Apples are loaded with flavinoids and vitamin C which act as antioxidants and can neutralize the effects of harmful free radicals. This is especially important if you have been eating out a lot as restaurant foods are always higher in free radicals from preservatives, additives, coloring, and cooking methods.
- Pears contain vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, folate and niacin which help to fight free radicals, reduce inflammation, and strengthen the immune system.
- Romaine Lettuce is bursting with vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium and is also low in calories. It is an extremely alkaline food which results in faster cleansing in the body.
- Kale is high in iron, vitamin K, antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, sulfur all of which are excellent at detoxifying the body, fortifying the body and supporting the liver in cleansing the entire body. It is an AMAZING superfood and one that I always turn to when I need to get back on track!
If you’ve been travelling or getting a little off track as many of us have during these summer months, keep this juice in mind to have both before and after your trip. You can drink it 1-2 times per day until you feel like your body is back on track and your metabolism is revving again!
1. Info for Metabolism Master Juice
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 1 min
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 106 kcal
2. Ingredients for Metabolism Master Juice
- 4 small green apples
- 2 pears
- 1.5 cups of carrots – I used organic baby carrots since that’s all I had
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce
- 6 stalks of kale
- 2 lemons – skin removed
- Simply Run all ingredients through a juicer (I recommend Breville) and enjoy! (Makes 32oz) After just one day drinking this juice I already feel so much better!