I wanted to come up with something new this year. New, but still good that is. I fiddled with my tried and true crust (a dangerous thing) and came up with something colorful and tasty.
1. Info for No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Cranberry Pecan Crust
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for No Bake Pumpkin Pie in a Cranberry Pecan Crust
- Cranberry Pecan Crust: (makes 2 single pie crusts or 1 double crust)
- ⅓ cup lard
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- dash salt
- Ice cold water (between ⅓ and ½ cup)
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie:
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Cut the lard and butter into the flour and salt.
- Add the cranberries and pecans.
- Add about 3 Tbsp of water and mix with a fork.
- Continue adding water until it forms a ball.
- Don’t play with it!!
- Roll it out and place in pie plate.
- In a saucepan combine gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt.
- Stir in condensed milk and beaten eggs, mixing well.
- Let stand one minute, then place on burner over low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes, or until gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pumpkin and orange extract, mixing thoroughly, and pour mixture into baked pie crust (Bake 350 degrees for 18 minutes).
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and orange zest and maybe a sprinkling of cinnamon.