Have I ever mentioned my weakness for oatmeal? I love it in all forms…even pie. When I came across an oatmeal muffin recipe, I knew I had to try it.
The tops of the muffins turned out like real oatmeal cookies. The bases had a moist cake texture. They were delicious fresh out of the oven. I put most of them into the freezer, though, for a future breakfast.
The recipe didn’t call for raisins, but I couldn’t leave the oatmeal all alone. I am glad I went ahead and added the raisins. If more of my family liked nuts, I’d have added some walnuts or pecans, too.
1. Info for Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ⅔ cups oil
- Combine dry ingredients (including brown sugar) in a bowl.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and oil, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in raisins.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 18+ minutes or until done.