These pretzels are my food crack. I am totally addicted to them and might even have eaten them for breakfast. Luckily, gluten free pretzels are ridiculously expensive, so I only buy and make these once a year as a treat. For you who eat the totally affordable regular pretzels, the stretchy pants manufacturers are waiting. I dare you to resist the buttery goodness of these babies.
1. Info for Onion Pretzels
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Onion Pretzels
- 1 11-16 oz bag gluten free small stick pretzels (I like Snyder’s of Hanovers)
- 1 Tbsp granulated beef bouillon powder (Herb Ox is gluten free)
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp celery salt
- 1 cup butter
- Place pretzels in a very big mixing bowl.
- Put butter in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave (probably 1 minute should do it)
- Stir remaining ingredients into butter.
- Pour butter mixture over pretzels and toss to coat.
- Place pretzels on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Scrape out bowl with a spatula and pour it all over the pretzels.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1½ hours, stirring the pretzels every 20 minutes.
- When done, cool completely and then store in an airtight container.