Maybe you have noticed a trend. I seem to be hooked on cookie bars. I can’t seem to help myself. They are so easy and tasty. I am finding myself wondering what other cookies can be converted to bars. So the trend will probably continue for a few more weeks. Or longer.
My kids really like peanut butter cookies with Hershey kisses in the center. There is something almost magical in the way those kisses soften with the heat of the cookie and then remain soft after the cookie cools. I don’t particularly like unwrapping all of those kisses, though. And then I have to keep younger hands from swiping them while the cookies are baking. Inevitably, a few will be palmed by a passerby and a few cookies will end up being plain peanut butter.
1. Info for Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Nutella Glaze
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with Nutella Glaze
- 1 u00bd cups flour
- u00bd cup oatmeal
- u00bd tsp salt
- u00bd tsp soda
- u00bd heaping tsp powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- u00bd cup butter
- u00bd cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Nutella Glaze:
- ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 4 or 5 Tbsp powdered sugar
- milk, enough to thin to desired consistency
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add.
- Spread into a greased 9X13 pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until done (but still slightly soft in the middle).
- Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Mix the sugar and Nutella until smooth.
- Add the milk, slowly until it becomes more of a glaze than a frosting.
- Pour over the cooled bars, either before or after they are cut.