More and more I am serving meatless meals, but I am finding that the gang doesn’t want to give up their favorite dishes. So, I am fixing meals that simulate the meat-filled ones. We tried and liked “Sloppy Lentils” and are now on to “Saucy Lentils”. It’s a meatless stroganof. I will serve it over brown rice. I think I will try “Sweet & Sour Lentils” next.
1. Info for Saucy Lentils: Meatless Stroganoff
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Saucy Lentils: Meatless Stroganoff
- 1½ cups lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- mushrooms or carrots, if desired
- Simmer lentils in water for 25 minutes or until done.
- Saute onion and celery in butter.
- Heat soup, add lentils, onion, celery, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat through and serve immediately.