Bundt cakes used to intimidate me. I was always so concerned that the cake wouldn’t come out of the pan cleanly. I mean, the big part of making a cake in a specially shaped pan is to keep that shape! Once I learned a neat little trick, though, I haven’t had any trouble and have enjoyed making all sorts of intricately shaped cakes. All you have to do is brush melted butter heavily all over the inside of the pan and then freeze the pan for 10 minutes to harden the butter. Pour your batter into the pan and bake immediately.
This cake is good with or without a glaze. My husband is of the opinion that a cake is no good unless it is covered in a gloppy glaze or at the very least, whipped cream. For him, I put a maple glaze on this cake. You could just dust the cake with powdered sugar once it cools and call it good.
1. Info for Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg instant butterscotch pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a plate to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth.