This is a cheater recipe. It uses mixes and marshmallow creme, but when time is limited, it’s perfect. My husband’s niece makes them all of the time and every time I see her, she thanks me for this great recipe. My kids think they are super. In a moist climate, they will tend to get really damp after the first day, so you may want to store them in the fridge. In a dry climate, like here in Arizona, they are fine on the counter (though they really don’t last more than a day in my house).
1. Info for Whoopie Pies
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Whoopie Pies
- 1 box devils food cake
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Make the cake mix according to directions, except use only ¾ cup water.
- Beat for one minute and then add package of pudding mix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out batter onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool completely before filling.
- For filling:
- Beat together the shortening and sugar in medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla, marshmallow cream and enough milk to make it fluffy.
- Beat well until smooth.
- Spread the filling on the flat side of one cookie and top with a second cookie, flat side down.
- Repeat until all are filled.