I have one last Sloppy Joe recipe for you this month and then I will give it a rest. I don’t know what it is about cold weather and football that screams for this kind of food, but there have been no complaints from the peanut gallery
When I was in high school, I fell in love with chili cheese fries. Obviously this was long before any healthy lunch initiatives. When I bought lunch, it was either those fries or a maple cinnamon roll made fresh in the cafeteria. My metabolism was healthy and I could eat anything that tasted good! The entire school agreed with me, as those two items were the most popular amongst the entire student body.
Nowadays, I have to be a lot more careful about the fried foods and cinnamon rolls are completely out of the question. That doesn’t mean I cannot enjoy a variation on those chili fries once in a while, though. Using frozen French fries and an oven, I have come up with a great substitution. This Sloppy Joe French Fry Bake is just such a variation. Oh boy! Was this ever good; pure comfort food at its best.
1. Info for Sloppy Joe French Fry Bake
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 45
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 678
2. Ingredients for Sloppy Joe French Fry Bake
- 1 32 oz bag frozen crinkle cut French fries
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 can sloppy Joe sauce (like Manwich)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Jack, Colby, etc)
- Brown the meat.
- Add the onion and cook until onion is soft.
- Remove from heat and add the sloppy Joe sauce and sour cream.
- Place ½ the French fries in a greased 3 qt casserole dish (or 9×13).
- Top with the meat mixture.
- Top with the remaining fries.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes uncovered.