A regular pilaf has rice and orzo with a bit of onion. It’s basically a homemade rice-a-roni. Here is a twist on that theme. I am giving full credit to my mom, as she is the author of so many of my cooking successes. This one has fruit and peanuts in it.
1. Info for Snazzy Pilaf
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Snazzy Pilaf
- 1¾ cups rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup peanuts
- small can chopped green chilies (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown orzo and rice in olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until done.
- Add peanuts, chilies, Craisins and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil, then turn down heat and cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until rice is done and most liquid is absorbed.
- (You may need to add more broth)
- Salt & pepper to taste.
4. Tips and advices:
- Use gluten free orzo for a gluten free dish.