These things saved me late Thursday night when I realized I had cinnamon rolls on the menu for Friday morning. There was no way at 8:45pm that I was going to spend 3 hours making my usual recipe. This quick version is actually quite tasty, says the gang.
I got the recipe from a friend years ago. She would make them up in huge batches and give away a tin foil pan to each of her friends. I loved it when she came to visit!!!
1. Info for 60 minute cinnamon rolls
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for 60 minute cinnamon rolls
- 4½ cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Mix 3½ cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast. In a microwave safe bowl, combine milk, water and butter.
- Heat until hot enough to melt the butter.
- Note: I let it sit on the counter as the butter melted in the residual heat of nuking it for 2 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Continue adding flour until dough is not sticky.
- Knead with mixer or by hand for 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out; brush with ¼ cup melted butter, and sprinkle enough brown sugar to cover and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll like a jelly roll and slice with dental floss into 12 rolls.
- Place into a greased 9 X 13 pan and let rise in a slightly warmed oven (turn on to lowest setting while making the dough and then turn it off) for 15 minutes.
- Turn on oven to 425 degrees and bake 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar to a spreading consistency.
- Frost rolls.
- I didn’t frost them until morning as the kids like the frosting gooey.