Sometimes I like a thick molasses cookie. Other times, I just want a small, thin cookie. This recipe is for the latter. They are delicate, girly cookies. You wouldn’t see any pioneers carrying these babies around in their knapsacks.
1. Info for Sorghum Flour Molasses Cookies
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 3 dozen
- Calories: 131kcal
2. Ingredients for Sorghum Flour Molasses Cookies
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar (or regular sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate, larger bowl, cream the coconut oil and palm sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and molasses and beat until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a well greased or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Let sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool.