I would say that I outdid myself with these pancakes, but there is another one coming soon that tops even cheesecake! How is that for a tease?! Don’t get me wrong, these pancakes are amazing. I certainly didn’t realize when I threw fruit and cream cheese into pancake batter that they would turn out this good. With no sweetness other than the syrup on top, these pancakes really did taste like cheesecake!!
These are gluten free, but you like most of my pancake creations, you can use pancake mix, regular or gluten free or your favorite pancake recipe. It’s the extra ingredients that you add that makes them great. Add other fruit if you like. Blueberries, raspberries, frozen peaches; any would be great, but in my family, cheesecake is always topped with strawberries. Therefore, that’s where I started with this recipe.
I suppose this is a little extreme for an everyday breakfast. Maybe. It would be great on a holiday, though, or a vacation. Wait! It’s summer vacation! Good enough for me. Off to the kitchen to make some for dinner….or is it dessert?
1. Info for Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ⅓ cup frozen strawberries, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, eggs, oil and milk, stirring until smooth.
- Fold in strawberries and cream cheese.
- Cook on a greased griddle or skillet.
- Serve with syrup or more fruit.
4. Tips and advices:
- To make these the regular way, susbstitute 1 cup all purpose flour for gluten free flour and omit the xanthan gum.