This “burrito” recipe is more of a modern interpretation of Mexican food. I am not sure it would pass any authentication tests, but it sure is delicious. If you are looking for something light and different, this is just the thing.
1. Info for Sweet Potato and Chicken Burritos
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Sweet Potato and Chicken Burritos
- corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz can beans, rinsed and drained (use black, pinto, white, or whatever you like)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cooked and cubed
- Cook the onion in the oil until browned,softened or caramelized (or just the way you like it)
- Add the chicken, beans, sweet potato and herbs.
- Heat through, stirring little, so as not to mash the sweet potato.
- Heat the corn tortillas on a griddle or pan so they are softened.
- Spoon some chicken/bean mixture onto the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold over the tortillas or serve open-faced.